For your new home or commercial building, a flat roof can be an economical and stylish roof design. Now that you’ve chosen a flat roof, you need to choose the roofing material that will protect your investment. There are several different roofing types that are recommended for flat roofs, and EPDM roofing is one of the most economical and durable.
Get the best EPDM roofing installation from your trusted local roofing company!
To get the best flat roof with EPDM roofing, you need a local roofing company that’s experienced in roof installation and has solid relationships with reputable roofing material suppliers. In the St Louis MO area, Home Perfect Exteriors is this roofing company. We’re dedicated to helping our Missouri property owners protect and improve their homes and buildings with the best roofing materials installed correctly the first time.
What is EPDM Roofing?
Also called a rubber roof, the long name for EPDM is ethylene propylene diene monomer, which describes a specific style of rubberized plastic that is laid over a flat or low-slope roof. This style of roofing is considered a type of built up roof (BUR) because it is made up of different layers that are installed on top of one another.
EPDM Roofing Layers
- Roof decking, made of concrete, wood, or metal
- Base layer: Rubberized plastic, AKA elastomeric polymer
- A fire retardant layer
- Polyester fabric layer to add strength
- Top layer of white plastic that reflects sunlight, optional
Advantages of EPDM Roofs
- One of the most cost effective roofing materials for flat roofs
- Also inexpensive to repair
- Long lasting, sometimes over 30 years
- Much lighter than other roofing materials like asphalt shingles
- Resistant to hail because it’s made of rubber!
- Very UV resistant, resulting in lower energy costs
- Highly fireproof and protective
- Wind resistant
Choose Home Perfect Exteriors for Your EPDM Roof Installation!
Though flat roofing materials like EPDM are very common on commercial buildings, they are becoming more and more popular with residential homeowners because of the many advantages, including cost effective installation and energy efficiency. If you’re considering a rubber roof on your Missouri construction, contact the best local roofing company: Home Perfect Exteriors.