One of the most common residential roofing materials is asphalt shingles, used in 80% of residential roofs. They’re popular because they’re cost-effective, durable, and easy to install. In the St Louis MO area, the most experienced asphalt shingle roof installers are Home Perfect Exteriors. We can help you choose the right type of shingles for your residential home.
Types of Asphalt Shingles
- 3 Tab or Strip Shingles – These are the classic shingles used on homes for years. They’re made up of a single layer of asphalt with aggregates like sand or crushed granite on top, formed into a strip with three tabs or individual shingles and installed in an offset pattern.
- Architectural Shingles – Also called dimensional shingles, these are thicker than tab shingles but also manufactured in a strip, with several layers of asphalt and granules. Their thickness gives an “architectural” look that mimics antique wood shake or slate tile roofing, but also provides superior weatherproofing for the home.
- Luxury Shingles – These types of shingles are individual instead of in sheets, more like tiles, though they’re still asphalt. Premium asphalt shingles are made up of many laminated layers of asphalt, granules, and additives for light reflectivity and fire proofing. They are very thick to mimic the look of shake roofing for a luxury roof look.
Why Asphalt Shingles?
Asphalt shingles of any type offer various advantages, including:
- Ease of installation
- Cost effectiveness
- Low maintenance
- Can be repaired, not just replaced
- Ideal for high slope roofs
- Wide range of colors
- Last for decades
- Comprehensive warranties
- Superior durability
- Highly weatherproof and fireproof
Home Perfect Exteriors: Your Local Asphalt Shingle Experts
Our relationships with quality shingle manufacturers allow us to bring our Missouri customers the best roofing materials, including all types of asphalt shingles. Our experienced roofing contractors have the expertise to install asphalt shingles right the first time and with superior warranties on all roofing materials. And we do it all with exceptional customer service!
To learn morea bout how asphalt shingles can protect your home or commercial building, contact Home Perfect Exteriors right away! We can install a new roof, repair your roof, or upgrade an old shingle roof.